We are hiring, local in Santa Clara County, and the surrounding area.
Are you interested in an architectural drafting and designing position with most of the time working from home? This might be the job you are looking for.
Duties and Tasks
- Visiting job sites to take measurements as necessary.
- Obtain and assemble measurements to complete architectural designs and drawings.
- Draw rough and detailed plans up to scale for buildings for city permit plan drawings
- Layout and plan interior room arrangements for residential homes, using SketchUp and Layout. (Minimum of 5 years experience)
- Prepare colored drawings of landscape and interior designs for presentation to client.
- Digitalize drawings from on site measurements or original blueprints in 2D and 3D
- Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation in order to graphically represent building plans.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with MacOS, and Mac Software like Numbers and Pages
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people say, taking time to understand the points being made, asking appropriately timed questions as needed.
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing and sketches.
- to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- to concentrate on a task over a period of time.
- to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses and buildings
- of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Please send your resume along with SketchUp and Layout work examples to: Info@SurroundYou.me
This position is project based on an hourly basis.