Are you unhappy with your dated kitchen/bathroom, or with the overall flow of your home and are considering doing simple upgrades or planning to take out a wall or add a room?
Do you know where to start?
You always should start planning. Planning does not mean talking to a contractor first. Most contractors are realizing your project, but can not always help you to find out what exactly you need.
You should have an answer to these questions before talking to a contractor. If the following questions overwhelm you, or you like to have a professional to help you, feel free to contact us for a complimentary virtual meeting to talk about your remodeling project.
- Do you like the layout? Are the appliances in a place that makes sense to you? Do you have enough space to walk around? Do you have enough light?
- Does the workflow work with your lifestyle? Do you have/need a bar area? Which height of bar do you prefer? Do you need a coffee/cocktail area?
- Does your kitchen have everything you need? Is the fridge large enough? Do you need a prep sink? Do you have a wine fridge but don’t use it?
- What is missing in my kitchen? Do you have enough drawers? Is your pantry large enough? Do you have enough space for your herbs/spices?
- Plan every detail: Floor material and color, Wall material and color, Backsplash material and color, Cabinet material and color, Doorknob shape and material, Countertop material and color, Sink size, material, and color, Faucet, choose all appliances, under cabinet light, ceiling light, plan the inside of the cabinets,
A Full Kitchen Remodel can cost between $60-$150K, the services of a designer would add between $3000-$8000 (depending on your kitchen size).
If these questions overwhelm you and you need help to find answers it is the right time to talk to a designer. We are happy to help to design your dream kitchen. Hiring a designer will take away stress during the remodeling process. Contact us now.
- Do you like the layout? Do you have enough space to walk around? Do you have enough light and mirrors?
- Does the layout work with your lifestyle? How many sinks do you like to have? Is your vanity large enough?
- Does your bathroom have everything you need? Do you need a shower only? Do you need a shower and a tub? Do you need a smart toilet/bidet? Do you need a makeup station?
- What is missing in your bathroom? Do you need a storage cabinet? Does the vanity provide enough storage?
- Plan every detail: Floor material and color, Wall material and color, Backsplash material and color, Cabinet material and color, Doorknob shape and material, Countertop material and color, Sink size, material, and color, Faucet, Mirror, Shelving, Cabinets, Spout, Shower bar, Handheld shower, fixtures, light, ceiling light, toilet roll holder, towel bar
A Master Bathroom Remodel can cost between $35- $100K, the services of a designer would add between $3000-$8000 (depending on your bathroom size).
If these questions overwhelm you and you need help to find answers it is the right time to talk to a designer. We are happy to help to design your dream bathroom. Hiring a designer will take away stress during the remodeling process. Contact us now.
If you consider a whole House remodel, plan to move/take out walls, or add an area, you should always talk to a professional. Ideally, your architectural designer or architect helps you to find a contractor and engineer for your project, they work together toward your goal.
Costs for a full home remodel vary a lot because every project is unique, and everyone has different needs. It can be anywhere between $300-600 per sq ft. Adding a bedroom is less than adding a bathroom or kitchen, if your home has a concrete slab costs will be on the more expensive side.
It is important to us to work together with experienced contractors and engineers to make your dream home come true.
Architectural Designer – Architect – Engineer
Who should you talk to and what are the differences?
Architectural Designer – SurroundYou Design LLC
An architectural designer is a designer who is involved in the design process of buildings but is not licensed by the state. Usually, architectural designers have a degree in the architectural field, this can be a bachelor’s or even a master’s in architecture. Architectural designers are legally not allowed to call themself “architects”. Architectural designers are working closely together with contractors and engineers if structural calculations and drawings are necessary for your project.
A licensed architect has at least a bachelor in architecture, goes through an internship- and testing process to become a licensed architect. An Architect can help you from start to finish for your home remodeling project. Architects work usually together with structural engineers, so you only need to talk to the architect.
An engineer makes calculations to ensure that all materials used for your project can support your home. They help to design and analyzing the building and materials of load-bearing structures. They can sign architectural permit plans with structural calculations and drawings.
- Architectural Designers will help you finding a structural engineer and contractor to realize your project.
- Licensed Architects organize a structural engineer for you and they will take care of the organization part of it.
Do you still have questions about your remodeling project? Please contact us for a complementary virtual meeting to talk about it. We are happy to help you and provide you with a personalized quote based on your needs,